Car Rental Sales
With the holiday season, of course, always come holiday sales, it seems like everything is discounted around this time of year, including various holiday car rental sales for your next trip. Holidays mean time off, especially for people in the United States, who may not get time off throughout most of the year. Making the most of your time off is one of the highest priorities you probably have. With that in mind, any extra time that you have can be perfect for travel. When booking around holidays, it is important to consider the fact that there may be travel packages or other types of deals which are going to help you save a significant amount over the regular prices of these services.
Here are a few things you may want to also consider when looking at a rental car:
- Additional offerings – Some companies will be willing to provide no-cost insurance or to provide things like GPS kits at no extra cost to you.
- Fuel economy – Look for vehicles which will get good fuel economy. This will save you some money in the long run by lowering the cost of fill-ups at the gas station.
- Manual or automatic – When looking for a rental car, expect an automatic to cost more money on top of the normal rental cost. They are also harder to find. To save some cash, try to get a manual transmission if you know how to operate one.
- How you book – Booking at the airport will cost more than booking in person. Booking in person will cost more than booking early online. Try to figure out the best way to save money renting prior to doing so.
Finding the Best Deals with Kemwel
Kemwel has an array of services available to people to help you save money on your rental cars when traveling during the holidays. We provide both a great service and affordable pricing to individuals who want to make the most of their travels. Looking to explore the beautiful European countryside? Why not rent a motorhome or a camper? Looking for a quick transfer between locations? Why not opt for a limousine service or an airport transfer? If you are planning on staying longer, Kemwel even offers short-term car lease programs through Peugeot. All of these services, combined with the luxury cars that they have for rent, make Kemwel the premier choice for car rental in Europe.
Here are some of the deals you can score by choosing Kemwel for your car rental this holiday season:
- 20% off rentals booked online – All car rentals books online prior to October 31, 2014 will receive 20% off their rental price.
- Free class upgrades – In certain countries (Ireland, France, and Germany), you will automatically receive a free class upgrade on your car rental when booking with Kemwel.
- Free GPS rentals – When renting a car of economy class or larger any time prior to December 31, 2014, you will receive a free GPS rental.
- Affordable MiFi rentals - Stay in touch with friends and family while you’re traveling in Europe when you are able to access the Internet with a password-protected European MiFi hotspot from Kemwel!
No matter where you’re planning on traveling this holiday season, make sure you contact Kemwel to find the best car rental sales regardless of your destination! You can book online, or by calling us toll-free 24/7 at 1-877-820-0668!
Finding the best GPS for Europe can be difficult, just as it can in most other places. For travelers, it may be a better idea to opt for a GPS rental rather than making an outright purchase. That way you will have it for the time that you need it without the extra costs that are associated with the initial purchase. With GPS units regularly costing hundreds of dollars, the savings is astronomical. Beyond that, rentals are usually very inexpensive in comparison, usually coming with rental vehicles at a very low cost. Unfortunately, when they come at such a cheap rate they are often damaged or do not function properly because they have been used by so many travelers before you.
To help ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck – and the most reliable GPS unit – here are a few factors that come into play when finding a good GPS rental:
- Look for the latest units. Often, you will find older units at a discount but they will not have the full functionality that you might be able to find on units of newer make.
- Ask about the quality of the casing. The higher quality the screen is and the better durability on the casing, the less likely your GPS will stop functioning if you end up dropping it.
- Readability is key. You want a unit that is going to be easy to read and will not pose problems for you when you are on the road. If you are confused when it is giving you directions on the screen, you could easily become lost. Look for a unit that has very clear directions that are simply and easy to understand.
- Portable. A lot of units are not as portable as one would like. You want one that you can mount in your vehicle and also take down should you find the need to look at something in your home or if you want to protect it from theft. This is also good for planning the route ahead of time or outside of the vehicle.
- Volume is a big concern with units. Units that do not have a high volume will present problems for you when you are trying to drive and listen at the same time. This can make navigation especially difficult.
GPS Reviews & Comparisons
Are you searching for the best GPS unit to take to Europe? In order to help you make the most informed decision possible, here are some of the premier GPS Europe brand comparisons:
- TomTom Via 1505 – The TomTom Via 1505 can be a great choice with regard to GPS Europe. There are lifetime free map updates which keep the user apprised of any changes to the roads that they may be traveling on. With a split screen function, it is easily possible to make sure you do not miss any exits on your trip. With the include point of interest function, you can easily navigate to gasoline, groceries, or anything else you might need to find on your journey. Finally: There is the build in IQ function which updates travel estimates in real time. The only issue here is the prohibitive cost.
- Magellan RoadMate 5045T – Made by Magellan, this unit provides high end comfort but that comes at the expense of some of the features on it. It has lifetime maps but the readability is a bit lacking. The screen is large but it goes dim at times, which can cause issues. Users have regularly reported problems with the maps on this unit not being up to date or taking too long to update with new information. That can cause a problem, especially if you are in unfamiliar territory.
- Garmin Nuvi 270 – *WINNER* This is a great unit made by Garmin. It does not require any antenna to be flipped up and has a smaller screen than most units. While that may seem like an issue, it is so clear and easy to read that it does not prove to be a problem. There is full coverage of both Europe and the United States on this unit and you can store your map data on a flash memory unit which is internal to the device itself. The volume is wonderful for the size and more than makes up for anything that the maps themselves lack (which is not much, in truth). The small size makes it perfect to fit right into your pocket when you are off the road and out of your vehicle as well, making this unit perfect for people who wish to choose their routes ahead of time. It also features travel tools such as a world clock and picture viewers to further help with your travels.
- Garmin Nuvi 2455 LMT – This unit is good for the money but it does have some problems associated with it. The volume is loud but not quite as well designed as the Nuvi 270, also made by Garmin. It features a park position recall feature so that you can find your vehicle where you left it, but that requires you to carry around the unit, which is not as small and compact as it probably could be. The big issue here is that it does not always have traffic features, though it does purport to. Many users have found that there are no traffic listings for their area if they are outside of a large or metro area, which is a significant issue if you are trying to avoid traffic in smaller areas during your travels.
Recommendation: Best GPS for Europe
The best GPS for Europe is probably the Garmin Nuvi 270. If renting a car from Kemwel, this GPS unit comes free to car rentals which qualify. With that being said, you will still have to pay for shipping. We will send the unit directly to your house before you leave for Europe. This allows for easy inspection of the unit (to ensure proper functioning) and allows you to map out your entire route prior to leaving your home if that’s something you’re interested in. No matter where you’ll be traveling on your next vacation or business trip, the benefit of being able to plan your route out and save it into the unit is something that simply cannot be overstated. Choosing the right unit can be difficult, but the Garmin Nuvi 270 has you covered on all fronts. Learn more about the best GPS for Europe by calling us toll-free at 1-877-820-0668.
Fall Travel Around the World
Fall is one of the best seasons to travel and finding a way to rent a car cheap can help expand your options exponentially. With the plethora of holidays taking place during the fall season, it gives people plenty of extra time off to indulge in things that they are interested in. One of those things, of course, is travel.
There are a few reasons why fall is a great season for travel:
- Changing leaves – Fall is truly a season of color. The leaves on the trees are transitioning from their steady growth during the summer to their dormant stage during the winter. This transition includes a changing of the leaves from a bright green color to a vibrant mix of reds, yellows, and oranges.
- Discounted rates – Since fall is the beginning of the off season, everything will be cheaper. Flights are not in as high demand, so it will be less expensive to fly places. Many hotels and eateries will also have discount deals for the off season.
- Milder temperatures – Fall has some of the most stable temperatures during any season. The only issue is that it can bring rain in some areas. Otherwise, it is “smooth sailing”. The temperature in most of Europe will be cool, but not too cold.
- Off season – As mentioned in the discounted rates entry, this is the off season in many places. This is going to be a major benefit because it will allow you to experience the wonderful things that local areas have to offer while insulating you from the issues that can be caused by too many tourists being around.
Even with the benefits that the fall season has to offer, if you are planning to travel you will still want to do some things in advance. Make sure that you have some sort of plan for your trip and try to take care of anything important in advance (such as securing transportation and lodgings).
Rent a Car Cheap from Kemwel for Fall Travel
So now the only issue is finding a car. Most people believe that a rental car isn’t a necessity when they’re traveling abroad. They are content to rely on public transportation, and do not realize they are able to see and do more when they are not confined to restrictive schedules. Some travelers also believe that renting a car for longer than a day or so is simply outside of their price range. That just isn’t the case anymore. Renting a car no longer has to be a luxury item, when you work with a company like Kemwel, a rental car can fit into your budget perfectly.
Whether you are in Europe on business, or you are going on a family vacation, discount car rental from Kemwell has something that is right for you. Our rentals include luxury vehicles, SUVs, airport transports and town cars, campers, and even short-term car lease programs through Peugeot. With great discount deals like the ones provided by Kemwel, anyone can rent a car and take advantage of the beautiful fall season. Contact Kemwel today at 1-877-820-0668 to get started today!