Posted by Carter | Under How to Plan an International Vacation
Friday Oct 3, 2014
Insider’s Guide to Finding Cheap Rental Cars in Europe
European Car Rental
European car rental procedures can, at times, be difficult to understand. This is true for both visitors to the region and even the natives! Combined with the fact that a car rental can be amazingly expensive if a person does not know how to find good deals and you have a recipe for disaster. To further compound the issue, there are different regulations regarding car rental in most of the countries in Europe, meaning that different steps must be taken depending on where a car is rented or returned and, often, different fees will be imposed.
Tips for Finding the Cheapest Rental Cars in Europe
Here are a few tips you can follow to find a cheap car rental:
- Look for companies with supplier contracts – Contracts with suppliers provide a window for the car rental company to offer cheaper rates.
- Look for added value –Kemwel, for instance, offers significant value for the already-low cost of our car rentals. This includes providing useful travel accessories like GPS units, and portable Mifi rentals, offering short-term car leases, and providing special newsletter discounts.
- Price matching – The companies who offer the cheapest car rentals will typically offer something in the way of a what’s referred to as a price match or beat-rate as well for comparable services. This ensures that they remain competitive and is entirely for the benefit of the customer.
- Rent round trip – Traveling round-trip as opposed to requesting one-way rental cars offers significant savings. Surcharges associated with one-way drop-offs can add additional fees to a rental car cost. However, booking a cheap and convenient one way car rental is getting easier than ever before, so if you’re interested in one way rental, be sure to inquire.
- Avoid airports – If you can, rent outside of the airport. Car rental companies associated with an airport will usually bring, along with it, a tax of around 15% (or a flat rate, in the case of countries like the United Kingdom, Holland, Spain, Ireland, and France).
- Rent small – How much space do you really need? If you can rent a smaller, compact or economy car, do so! Larger cars will both cost more as a base-charge and they will usually consume larger quantities of fuel. Avoiding these will save you money on your trip.
- Avoid smaller towns for car rental pick ups – Less deals, less vehicles and significantly less agents. Rent from a larger city if you can and visit the quaint, smaller villages. Small towns often have a limited selection of cars and will not offer as much in the way of savings.
- One driver – Rental fees go up exponentially if you plan to have multiple drivers, so delegate a party member as your chauffeur. This will save fees (per day) that can range from double digits, to a few hundred dollars.
Utilizing these tips will help you succeed in finding cheap rental cars in Europe. Kemwel consistently offers significant savings to our customers by providing the cheapest rental car rates in the industry. We also provide a variety of travel accessory rentals, reduced-rate hotel rooms and airfare. Rent a car for your next trip to Europe with Kemwel online today, or call Kemwel’s travel savvy experts toll-free at 1-877-820-0668.