Posted by Carter | Under International Cuisine, Top Five
Friday May 29, 2015
Italy with Kids: The Best Pizza in Florence
Florence, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, is home to some of the best pizza in the world. When traveling to Italy with kids, one of the most memorable things to do is stop in at one of the hundreds of pizzerias and enjoy that perfect slice. Kids can be picky, so we’ve narrowed down the best pizza in Florence with all the bells and whistles that they are sure to love!
Here are 5 places to stop for the best pizza in Florence:
1. Pizzaria Cinzia – If a quiet corner of Italy with outdoor seating sounds appealing, then head over to Pizzaria Cinzia. Their specialized pizza options are some of the best in Florence, and the fact that it’s tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist crowd means you’ll get to stop and enjoy your food without feeling rushed. When you want a true taste of Florence, stopping by Pizzeria Cinzia (located on Via dell’Argingrosso) guarantees a great meal and the opportunity for local flavor that your kids will definitely appreciate.
2. Yellow Bar – With a large pizza menu, you can order something that will feed the whole family. The large bench seating and tables make it easy to bring a group in, so you don’t have to worry about knowing whether or not you all will fit. Not only is their pizza a perfect Florentine pie, but they also have hand-made pasta options for someone looking for a slightly different meal. Traveling to Italy with kids is painless when there are such simple menu options at the Yellow Bar. Find it on Via del Proconsolo in Florence.
3. Il Pizzaiuolo – If you’re looking for pizza ‘al taglio’ (by the slice) at lunch or if you have a hankering for a giant pie of Neapolitan pizza for dinner, Il Pizzaiuolo is your best bet. Not only do they offer a fun atmosphere for you and the kids, but they do a great job of making sure that you get an authentic-tasting pizza (perhaps the best pizza in Florence). You’ll want to arrive early or call ahead, as it can become very busy during lunch and dinner hour. Il Pizzaiuolo is located on Via dè Macci.
4. Mr. Pizza Firenze – A quaint and bright place to eat, Mr. Pizza is easily on this list as some of the best pizza in Florence. With simple and delicious options like Salsiccia (tomato, mozzarella, sausage, and basil), Calzone Classico (mozzarella, ham, and tomato), and simple Marinara; kids will find all of their favorite toppings here. Because it can get busy during the late afternoon, reserve your table online with their new feature. Find Mr. Pizza in the Piazza Del Duomo.
5. Gusta Pizza – If you asked one of the locals for the best dinner in town, you may just be directed here. Located on Via Maggio in Florence, Gusta Pizza has all the classics including pepperoni, double cheese, and sausage, but also allows for the adults to try more creative concoctions such as Pizza Capricciosa which is topped with tomatoes, hot dog bits, Italian sausage, and artichoke hearts. With flavors that completely embody the heart of Italy, you truly can’t go wrong here. Keep in mind that Gusta Pizza is closed on Mondays, and you definitely want to call ahead with your order.
Finding the Best Pizza in Florence While Touring Italy with Kids
Traveling to Italy with kids has never been easier with all of the attractions and events catered to that age group, and a car rental in Florence is a perfect way to travel with the whole family! Kemwel offers some of the best travel deals and specials on whatever type of vehicle you may need, from station wagons to spacious vans, so you and your loved ones can get around in the safety and comfort of your own vehicle. Browse our options online or give us a call, toll-free at 1-877-820-0668, to avoid the hassles of public transportation and take your family on an Italian food tour at your own pace and direction. Pizza will always be a delicious standard for families to come together for quality time and quality food; we hope your adventure to Florence is a little slice of heaven!