Posted by Carter | Under Top Five
Friday Sep 12, 2014
Taking Better Travel Photos: 5 Essential Photography Apps
Everyone wants to take the best pictures possible when they are traveling. Taking photographs is one of the ways we preserve the memories of our travels for a lifetime. They also provide a tangible means of telling the story of your adventures to friends and loved ones. With the rise of smartphones such as the iPhone or the numerous Android devices available has come an explosion of apps meant to assist people with taking photos.
However, the problem in a world with so many apps and so much technology coming out every day is that it can be difficult to determine what applications are worth using and what has become outdated. The best applications tend to be both robust in features and to work across multiple platforms. They also tend to update on a regular or semi-regular basis. Crowd sourced reviews have contributed to quality applications being put out by developers, particularly in the area of app development.
The Best Photography Apps
- Afterlight – Afterlight is one of the best photography apps for iPhone. It features extremely precise controls with regard to editing (some of the best on any platform). With extensive editing tools and a number of quality presets, Afterlight bolsters the already capable camera of the iPhone.
- AverageCam Pro – Another iPhone app. This one specializes in both long exposures and night exposures, two scenarios which the iPhone has had difficulty with. It also has features meant to rectify blur associated with moving water or people. Another function helps to remove sensor noise when taking photos in low-light conditions.
- Instagram – An obvious choice. Cross-platform and linked to the website for quick sharing. The application has a number of presets that can be used for taking travel photos which will add extra life to scenes.
- Camera Awesome – Camera Awesome has features for controlling exposure time, changing focus and modifying filters and presets. It has a paid version for Android and a free version for iPhone. The paid version has a few extra features that are not available on the iPhone version and, at a price point of $2.99, it is a pretty good deal.
- Google Camera – One of the best photography apps for Android. Slick and minimalist interface bolsters an already feature-rich application which, like most products developed by Google, cuts out all the interference and leaves you with exactly what you want.
Utilizing any of these 5 essential photography apps will help you enhance your picture-taking skills and build on the capabilities of your electronic devices when traveling. A way to further bolster your photography skills would be to learn some basic composition tips. Traveling is exciting and something that, understandably, people wish to share with others. While bringing those people along on your trip is not always a viable option, you can always utilize some of the best photography apps for your smartphone and take pictures that you can refer back to fondly in the years to come.
If you want more immediate gratification in the way of sharing photographs and chronicles of your adventures, Kemwel offers portable MiFi units in select countries, which allows you to connect up to eight wireless devices to the web and your favorite social networks.
Traveling with Kemwel
Now that you’ve got some new ideas on how to improve your travel photography, it’s time to implement them! The next step to creating your epic vacation is reserving a Kemwel car rental. At Kemwel, we provide transportation services from standard rental cars and Peugeot leases, to luxury car rentals and private transfers. Work on your action-shot photography from the passenger seat of the cheapest car rentals internationally, which can always be found with Kemwel Car Rental!