Posted by Carter | Under Vacation plans
Monday Feb 9, 2015
Europe’s Most Romatic Getaways
Valentine’s Day in Europe
Valentine’s Day is a holiday meant for romance and spectacle. It is a time when young and old lovers alike strengthen the bonds that they have formed with each other in the time that they have spent together. Europe, one of the most culturally sophisticated areas in the world, has its own share of historical love stories. The dramatic settings of the countries and cities in Europe provide the perfect backdrop for a Valentine’s Day getaway; consider bringing your significant other along on an unforgettable trip this Valentine’s Day and make memories which will last a lifetime!
Europe’s Most Romantic Getaways
Here are some of the most romantic vacations in Europe:
- Prague – One of the best. With the beautiful winter weather and architecture which simply cannot be missed, Prague is a great destination for this Valentine’s Day. Whether you choose to visit a fine dining establishment and have a romantic meal by candlelight or you visit one of the many churches in the area for an angelic choral recital, you are sure to find something that will leave you and your partner awe-stricken.
- Venice – What could be more romantic than taking a beautiful gondola ride through the canals of Venice? Not much, that’s for sure! Though it is one of the more popular destinations in Europe, Venice still has a fantastic atmosphere of quaint sentimentality. With plenty of historical and cultural destinations to see and great restaurants, there is no shortage of excitement for couples here.
- Paris – The city of love! One of the most popular and well-known destinations in all of Europe, Paris certainly has its share of things to do for couples as well. Whether you and your significant other wish to take a romantic walk amongst the city or sample some fine French perfumes, you will not be let down. To say that French food has a unique and wonderful taste is a significant understatement. From food to festivities, there may be no better romantic getaway than Paris, France.
- San Sebastian – Nestled on the northern coast of Spain, San Sebastian is one of the greatest food capitals of the world and it is beautiful during the Valentine’s Day season. Whether you are admiring the beaches around Playa del la Concha or taking a relaxing stroll through the older parts of the city, you would be hard pressed to find a better balmy locale for your romantic Valentine’s Day vacation.
- Tuscany – One of the more rural and out of the way locations on the list, Tuscany has a little bit of something for everyone. Historical landmarks include castles and ancient Roman ruins, restored Italian homes and villas, and, of course, the spectacular landscapes of rolling hills and vineyards. The food has a romantic and down-home feel to match the beautifully rustic environment.
You don’t have to look very hard to find some of Europe’s most romantic getaways. On a continent so lush with cultural character and magnificent scenery they are hard to miss. The world knows many of them without even having to be told. With that being said, there are always going to be some hidden gems that can be found. Consider some of these for your next Valentine’s Day visit to Europe and remember that Kemwel is dedicated to helping you get the most out of your adventure abroad. From car rentals in Italy and France to GPS rentals and more, Kemwel offers you some of the best deals in the industry to make your intimate journey to Europe more affordable than you can imagine!